Grief Counseling Services In Grinnell and Williamsburg Iowa
Thanks to the extensive expertise of our team, we can provide grief counseling in Iowa.
What is grief and who suffers from it?
Grief is the emotion caused by the loss of someone we love. Grief and loss are emotions that most people experience at one time or another. It is generally only considered an issue if the grief is so pronounced that it interferes with one's ability to live a normal life - go to work or study and so on.
The stages of grief include:
When is it "complicated grief" that requires counseling?
- When the person has trouble keeping to a normal routine (e.g. working, studying, cleaning the house etc)
- When they often feel depressed
- They have thoughts that life isn't worth living or suicidal thoughts or thoughts of harming themselves or others
- When they keep blaming themselves for their loss.
What can help with grief?
- Acceptance of feelings and the time it takes to grieve
- Talking to friends, family or to a therapist (e.g., Psychotherapy)
- Exercise, eating well and getting into a good sleep routine
- Stress reduction techniques like Mindfulness and Transcendental Meditation
- Returning to hobbies and activities that bring the person joy
- Joining a grief support group and speaking with other people that are grieving.
Don't continue to experience "complicated grief" - get grief counseling in Iowa today
Submit a "Contact Us" request below or call one of our phone numbers to schedule an appointment with an appropriate counselor near you.